* Killing can be halted immediately. What to do with the animals after that takes some planning. How do they get all those animals in one place?
* If we are all God’s creatures, why would anyone think to savagely murder defenseless creatures on behalf of the one who supposedly created them? To bring them good luck?
* This is HUMAN SUPREMACY at work.
* Only an evil God would praise such an evil gift.
* Good luck does not come from an evil act.
Thousands of animals sacrificed in Nepal Hindu ritual amid outcry
“We’ve issued public appeals and consulted with stakeholders in the temple area,” he said. “It is related with tradition and cannot be halted immediately.”
Devotees believe the sacrifice, meant to appease Gadhimai – an avatar of the Hindu goddess of power, Kali – brings them luck and prosperity.
Authorities deployed 1,100 police to prevent clashes between activists and devotees at the site 10 km (6 miles) from the Indian border.
“We can only try and convince devotees not to sacrifice the animals, but cannot force them to stop,” said Bikash Khanal, the head of district police in Bara…