“WHAT WE DO
Through our detailed research and determined campaigning, we help fight abuses of human rights worldwide. We bring torturers to justice. Change oppressive laws. And free people jailed just for voicing their opinion.
We all have the right to be treated equally, regardless of our race, ethnicity, nationality, class, caste, religion, belief, sex, gender, language, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex characteristics, age, health or other status. Yet all too often we hear heartbreaking stories of people who suffer cruelty simply for belonging to a “different” group from those in positions of privilege or power.
Discrimination occurs when a person is unable to enjoy his or her human rights or other legal rights on an equal basis with others because of an unjustified distinction made in policy, law or treatment. Amnesty International’s work is rooted in the principle of non-discrimination. Working with communities across the world, we challenge discriminatory laws and practices to ensure all people can enjoy their rights on an equal basis.
Toxic rhetoric and demonization
The politics of demonization is on the march across many parts of the world. Political leaders on every continent are advocating hatred on the grounds of nationality, race or religion by using marginalized groups as scapegoats for social and economic ills. Their words and actions carry weight with their supporters; the use of hateful and discriminatory rhetoric is likely to incite hostility and violence towards minority groups.”
• There are five sex categories and one OTHER category. What’s in the OTHER category that appears to be so cumbersome to mention, that five sex categories isn’t?
• Was POVERTY, the overwhelming cause of social disparity, included in the OTHER category?
• WHAT THEY FAIL TO MENTION is the demonization of the so-called white race applied to boost the races they claim are demonized by the treatment they get or don’t get regarding their human needs and dreams. In fact, white people in all categories have become the scapegoat for the reason of social-economic disparity, whether they are rich or poor. They speak about hateful rhetoric giving rise to violence, but in America it was the protestors inciting violence on behalf of the so-called marginal people as well as the marginal ones using their bull horns to incite the entire world to violence..
• POOR WHITES are the largest marginalized group worldwide, and most often the target by smaller marginalized groups to fight their battles for them or suffer the consequences. When the smaller groups succeed, it is often said that the marginalized whites also benefit, but they don’t, unless they fall into one of the smaller marginalized groups. Historically that has been Jews worldwide.
- One can’t claim that black peoples are the largest marginalized group, when they’re the ones who get all the assistance. That massive assistance makes then not marginalized. They are not pushed to the sides; they are front and center on the GLOBAL MIND.
These three short notices are not meant to be an all-inclusive review. Just one of the notes could point out the bias of AMNESTY INTERNATIONAL. I’m left with the impression that white heterosexuals regardless of their ethnicity, nationality, or religion are being blamed for all that ails the planet and by demonizing them, everyone on earth will enjoy the freedom to survive and thrive. That’s just not true in any sense.
Poor white people, completely forgotten, survive on the leftover crumbs of national and international organizations designed to use them as stepping stools to raise up the poor of other races, because of their high numbers. It’s like the over-loaded donkey or camel that finally succumbs by too much weight piled on. Civil rights, human rights were not designed for poor whites. Trickle down strategies don’t work in reality.
It’s important that when you use the phrase ALL PEOPLE, you really mean all people, and not leave out the people you prejudge as being responsible for discrimination thus unworthy of your focus. Just tell the world how poor white people are responsible for all of that and maybe they’re understand why they’re targeted to make a difference for everybody but themselves.
The only time I see white faces is when they’re protesting for non-white faces. They don’t organize the poor among their own race. Laws are not meant to uplift poor white people, so no one ever sees them.
The Blacks say, then fight with us, but don’t ever expect to be included in the mattering category. THAT’S OURS. And that speaks volumes about the discrimination occurring in so-called human rights groups and organizations.
• You left out SLAVERY in the WHAT WE DO category. Does slavery come under the OTHER category?
To AMNESTY INTERNATIONAL from WORD WARRIOR DAVIES-TIGHT: Do better.
• BLUEPRINT FOR A BETTER LIFE. 5 PRINCIPLES: NO PREJUDICE, DISCRIMINATION, ENSLAVEMENT, TORTURE, SLAUGHTER. ONE LEADS TO THE OTHER IF LEFT UNCHECKED
• I SEE THE WORLD RAW, AS IT IS. I WAS BORN THAT WAY. IT’S THE WAY MY BRAIN IS WIRED AND THE WAY I SEE TRUTH WITHOUT PREJUDICE. ~ GLOBAL WORD CHEF™
- WHAT HAPPENED YESTERDAY. THE JOURNEY BEGINS AND ENDS WITH AN ANSWER. SHARON ON THE NEWS™
Sharon Lee Davies-Tight, artist, author, animal-free chef and activist, ARCHITECT OF 5 PRINCIPLES TO A BETTER LIFE™ & MAINSTREAM ANIMAL-FREE CUISINE™.